Summer is here, and so are Jane’s newest charting features!
Jane’s charts have been completely rewritten from the ground up. We chose to do this to pave the way for many exciting features that we’ve always wanted to build into Jane’s charting, and now we have the modern foundation that will make that possible.
Today, we’d like to introduce the first of those new features: Phrases.
Phrases is a powerful tool that instantly transforms a shortcut into entire sentences, paragraphs, or lists. Paired with custom templates, default text, and letters, Phrases will maximize your productivity while minimizing the time required to document for each patient.
More examples and setup details can be found here
Along with Phrases, we’ve introduced a number of new and improved features.
- Editing Chart Parts on the fly allows you to add more options to check boxes and drop-down menus, and it scales if you forgot to add that in the template.
- Add chart parts and templates in the middle of a chart to quickly build your templates the way you’d like.
- Appointment Assignment allows you to accurately represent who you’ve charted for throughout the day by assigning a chart to an appointment.
- You now also have the ability to change the chart title so that practitioners can categorize charts for complex patients with multiple treatment types and options.
A full list can be found here.
Where are we going next?
All the changes we’ve mentioned were made possible by rebuilding the way Jane works. It’s been quite a journey, and it has all been so worth it because this means that much more than we ever imagined is now becoming possible with Jane.
The big features you can expect to see in the future include:
- Rich Text - Jane will allow staff members to bold, underline, and italicize the formatting for chart entries.
- Billing Codes in Charts - Jane’s charting option that allows you to search for procedural and diagnosis codes within a chart.
- Narrative Charting - A new chart part that will allow staff members to create a narrative by quickly clicking buttons.
- Patient Reported Outcome Measures - Jane’s survey feature will allow staff to send customer surveys to collect patient outcomes before and after appointments.