Hello Jane Community,
Hope you’re having a great summer. We have a few exciting new features to introduce you to today. We’ve been growing our team substantially this year and these are just a few of the many projects that are in development right now. We have some fantastic momentum building on our development team and we can’t wait to share all the new things with you.
So, here’s today’s release. Looking forward to hearing what you think of the changes!
We’re excited to let you know that Jane’s online booking now allows your clients to sign up, book and pay for family members’ treatments!
We’ve taken Jane’s Relationships system and added a few new features: - One person/profile can now book online for multiple family members - Families can pay with one credit card that is stored across profiles - Intake forms for all people/profiles can be accessed from one single account
For your clients who have been juggling multiple usernames and passwords to book for their family members: they can now have their whole family in one place, and manage all appointments and payments from one central profile (their own).
We understand that your clients may use a name other than their legal name, and you had nowhere to put this info in Jane. Now you can record your client’s preferred name on their profile, and this name will be used throughout Jane and in all communication with your client. Your clients can also provide their preferred name in their intake forms and on their My Account page.
Jane will include both names on charts, and will use the preferred name on everything except for financial documents like receipts, invoices and insurance documents.
Credit Card Labelling
As part of Family Profiles, you can now nickname credit cards to help differentiate between the various cards your clients may have on file. You can even choose a colour!
If you’re using Jane Payments, look for the new Nickname field when viewing or adding a credit card.
Historical Accounts Receivable
We have been working with a number of customers to improve Jane’s reporting with respect to how invoices may change over time. For example: if an insurance claim was rejected months after it was invoiced, and you chose to re-invoice the visit privately, Jane’s reporting wasn’t the best at showing the change in your accounts receivable over time. 😳
Our new approach to this part of Jane’s financial features has been in beta for the past few months, with a number of customers, and it has been working great. We will be rolling this out to all customers as of September 1, 2019. There’s nothing you need to do – it will happen automatically.
Here’s how it works: If you make a change to an appointment (or product) that affects the amount that was invoiced, you will see two entries in Jane’s sales reports on the day you make the change. One entry to reverse the original invoice, and one entry to add the new invoice. This means that if you run a report for a past date range, there will no longer be mysterious changes that may have caused your bookkeeper’s hair to fall out.
- New Charting Experience - We’ve been working on a complete rewrite of Jane’s charting interface for the past year, and it’s ready for some tire kicking! If you’re interested in trying out the new version, let us know here.
- Client Information on Invoices & Receipts - You can now choose what fields from your client’s profile will be included on invoices, receipts and statements. All configurable through the Language area. Read more in the guide here.
- Telehealth is now listed as a place of service for customers submitting claims via EDI or the CMS-1500.
- Auto-Logout Duration - By default, Jane asks your staff to sign in with their username and password after 1 week of inactivity. You can now adjust this duration in the Settings area, from between 10 minutes and 1 week of inactivity. More info on this in the guide.
- Did you hear about Jane from an existing Jane customer? We want to thank everyone that’s been referring peers to join Jane. If you have full access privileges, let us know who referred you to Jane by heading to Settings -> Jane Subscription. As always, let us know your thoughts! We love hearing from you.
The Jane Team