Jane is looking for an Agile Coach to join the Development Leadership Team in a missional, high-performance, hyper-growth company. In this role, you would have a chance to start up and lead a brand new function in agile and process management across the entire dev organization. In this high-visibility job, you would be playing a critical role in helping us scale our process to match our dev team growth. You would be the development team process leader and would have an opportunity to exercise your multiplier muscles.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. A happy, healthy and connected team is in the DNA of Jane and so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
To be successful in this role...
- You understand and have implemented various development methodologies and have developed an expertise in scaling agile and lean methodologies in a hyper-growth company.
- You could teach the course on general project management concepts, Scrum Mastering, and Agile Product Ownership.
- You are sought after in the Agile community as a thought leader on applying the right processes to the right jobs at the right times.
- You have successfully rolled out major process changes to a large development organization without breaking the culture of engagement from the dev team
- You are data-driven and know how to leverage tooling and data to help provide insights into developer productivity and to use those insights to learn from and improve our processes for maximum effectiveness.
- You've worked in a DevOps culture, where there is strong ownership of teams from design to production and a strong commitment to Engineering and Operational excellence.
- You can help support this from a process perspective to help the teams balance sustaining and feature development work.
- You have many years working with Developers, Dev Leadership, and Program and Product Managers, having a deep understanding of how to lead large cross-team projects and initiatives.
- You are a master facilitator and coach, helping improve teams and individuals towards greater engineering and operational excellence.
- You have a passion for all things leadership, time management, efficiency, processes, and putting all of those together for maximum effectiveness.
- You know how to lead through influence, selling ideas and concepts to your peers and their teams.
- You have been through formal project management training and are certified in at least a couple of methodologies, understanding Lean, SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, PMP project management, etc.
- You know how to drive towards results without compromising on psychological safety.
- You have a strong background in SaaS startups going through hyper-growth, having helped scale an organization from less than 100 to more than 300 and are familiar with 100% year-over-year growth pressures.
- You have held the role of Agile Coach for multiple years and have been a part of a successful agile transformation.
- You have worked in various environments with different project management and agile methodologies and know them all at a very advanced level.
- You are, however, pragmatic to one specific methodology and know-how to leverage the best of both worlds to tailor those to the needs of your organization.
- Certified in a bunch of project management methodologies PMP, SAFe, CSM, CSPO
- Held other roles such as Dev Manager, TPM, or Product Manager.
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.