All job postings for tech start-ups end up sounding the same, so we’ll try to communicate some specifics about what Jane is all about and see if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Jane is a home-grown, bootstrapped startup. This means we’ve been growing a real business out of our own revenue for over 7 years now. We have the luxury and security of not having a zero-cash date like some venture-backed companies.
Jane was founded by a product-person and a customer-person, who are now the Co-CEOs. This means the two main teams at Jane (the product and the customer support team) are both led by doers who understand the job. We don’t have any suits here. We don’t even have a sales team. We’re building a really good product that is selling fast because people love it.
Jane is headquartered in North Vancouver but is a remote-first employer, welcoming candidates from anywhere in Canada. In order to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, our team is working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
When we do make it back in, Jane has a great office overlooking both the mountains and the ocean. Being located at the base of the North Shore mountains has meant that after-work mountain biking and snowboarding is super easy. Some of us have even managed an early morning trail run before starting the day — in small, socially-responsible sized groups, of course.
Jane offers sane hours, competitive salaries, and great benefits. More than that, we offer a chance to help build something special, which we back up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
Jane’s road map is exciting. Well, we think so. From integrating Jane with various insurance companies all over the world, to introducing new features like secure HIPAA-compliant chat, to data-sciencing the massive amounts of data we’re accumulating and providing cool insights to our users, we’ve got a lot of great projects on the go.
Our product team also has flexibility around their hours. Some choose to start early, some start late and work late. Some do a split shift for a mid-day brain break. We’re open to figuring out a schedule that works for you.
We’re looking for an experienced Design Leader that can help take Jane’s product and marketing design to new heights. Reporting directly into our co-founders and co-CEOs, you will get the opportunity to drive the vision and execution for design at Jane. The right person always puts the customer first by empathizing, is an amazing coach to the team and has the ability to solve incredibly complex problems in a ridiculously simple way. The design leader we’re looking for helps create design systems across the company to ensure a consistent, beautiful and easy experience for our customers.
Come and help us build a team of amazing designers to drive the future of Allied healthcare at Jane.
What you’ll be doing
- Translate our vision into an experience that delights customers. Help define how Jane’s customers and their patients will experience Jane in a few years time and help develop a strategy to get us there.
- We believe our customer’s are more delighted when Jane speaks like a human and you will partner with Jane’s product and content teams to help champion that personality across the product.
- Coach and grow Jane’s Design team by providing mentorship, support and professional development opportunities to the team
- Collaborate with your peers as part of our marketing, engineering, product and design leadership team to help realize our product vision and strategy
- Build, refine and drive our design process and rituals
- Be a strong voice of the customer, advocate for our users, and help ensure their success with Jane
- Defining Jane’s information hierarchy, taxonomy and presentation in a systematic way and educating and advocating that system across the team
What you bring to the team
- 2+ years of experience in a design leadership role
- 5+ years of experience building digital products
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to help your team find extremely simple solutions to complex problems
- Balance of idealism and pragmatism. An understanding of when to move towards an ideal solution and when to build a first version and iterate.
- Immense amount of customer empathy and focus to constantly be driving to make the product better
- Experience with a high growth SaaS startup
- Experience in healthcare
If you want to get started, tell us your story.