Access Staff Profiles through the Staff Tab.
Use the “New Staff Member” button below the staff list to create a new profile, if necessary.
If you’re not creating a new profile, click the Staff Tab and then click on the staff member’s name on the left.
Note that college registration numbers can be added directly on the staff’s main page at the bottom left under the ID Numbers section:
This number will be displayed on receipts and you can enter more than one number here if necessary.
Next, click Edit/Settings at the top OR Edit in the bottom right corner (both buttons do the same thing):
These buttons will open the Edit Staff Member screen:
Staff profiles can be set up to reflect the unique way that each practitioner wants to interact with Jane.
Staff profiles are divided into four areas. You will only have access to the Permissions & Commissions tab if your role is set as “Full Access”.
See below for more details on the various roles as well as this guide doc on Staff Access Levels.
- Assign Discipline: This step is very important, as it’s required before you can begin setting up a practitioner’s schedule. When setting up each practitioner profile, you’ll need to assign the staff member to the discipline type they offer. With a full access account, you can add new disciplines in Settings>Disciplines.
- Contact Info: This is internal and will not be displayed on anything that’s public.
Photo & Bio
- Photo: Upload a photo that will display throughout the admin side of your Jane account and to clients in online booking. Read our Guide doc for more details: How to Add a Profile Photo
- Bio: Write a bio that will display in online booking so clients can know more about your staff.
- Notification Preferences: This is for emails being sent TO THE PRACTITIONER if appointments are booked or cancelled on their schedule.
- Privacy & Sharing: This controls the way patient information is displayed when it’s sent to the practitioner (appointment notifications, calendar subscriptions, etc.) outside of Jane’s secure site.
- Default Chart Privacy: Set who is able to access this staff member’s chart entries. You can override this setting on individual chart entries if necessary. Read more about that here.
- Teleplan: In BC, you can set your Teleplan settings here. You will need to enter an MSP Practitioner Number. A Payee number is appropriate (leave blank to use a centralized clinic billing number) and choose your Opt-In or Soft/Hard Opt-Out status. See our Signing up for Teleplan page for help and forms.
- Online Booking: If enabled, the practitioner will be displayed on the online booking page. See Online Booking Tips for ways to manage what is displayed to patients.
Permissions & Commissions
Click the “Active” box when you want a Staff Profile to be an active member on your Jane account:
You can deactivate a practitioner when they go on leave or are no longer working at your clinic by unchecking this box. This will remove them from the admin site, filters and drop down menus throughout Jane.
Under the Role menu:
You can select the role you want each staff member to have:
Here’s what each role can do:
Practitioner (Limited): Can only see their own schedule, and the client list is also scoped to only those that have a future appointment or that had an appointment with them in the past. This means that this access level can only add new patient profiles by booking the patient an appointment. You can delete the appointment straight afterwords if you’re just doing it to add the patient profile (you have 3 minutes from the time of booking before Jane sends out any notifications or before it shows up on the patient side of online booking).. Once the appointment gets deleted, Jane will still see the connection between the Staff (Limited) and the patient. The patient will now show up on this practitioner’s list of patients.
Practitioner/Front Desk: Can view and edit all Patient records, view staff Profiles, create appointments for all staff, but can view and edit their own billing records.
Practitioner/Front Desk (All Locations): Same permissions as Practitioner/Front Desk with the additional ability to view schedules and book appointments for any staff member at all locations.
Front Desk: Can schedule appointments, view and edit all Patient records, and access the transaction report.
Administrator/All Billing: Can view and edit all Patient and staff records and access all billing and reporting.
Full Access: Full access to all settings and preferences, but requires permission to view other practitioner charts.
In addition to the above access levels, you can individually opt each staff member in or out of the following three items:
View Charts Shared by Other Staff: This can be turned off completely for staff who have no reason to access charting - i.e. bookkeepers, interns, students, etc.
Manage Shifts: This can be turned off if your staff are not allowed to edit their own shifts.
Access Billing: This can be turned off completely for staff if you want to restrict them from seeing any billing data. Note: if this is unchecked, the user would not be able to receive or process payments
Again, see more info on Access Levels here.
You can set the commission rate for staff. You have the option to set two different rates for services and two different rates for products. These will be populated based on the referral of the patient, so you can set one rate for patients referred to your clinic and a different rate for those referred to the practitioner directly. Referrals are tracked in the patient profile when you set up a new patient.
Navigate to our income categories guide here to learn more about compensation at different rates.
Saving & Sending a Welcome Email
Once you have entered all of the staff member’s information you can save their profile. Assuming you have entered an email address in their profile, you will see the “Save & Send Welcome Email” button. Clicking this will send the staff member an email which gives them access to Jane.
Adding a Staff Member to Your Jane Subscription
Once you have set up your new staff member in Jane, you may find you need to update your subscription too. To do so, head on over to Settings > Jane Subscription.
Jane will open a separate tab with all of your Account details. Under the Subscriptions area, click on the Change Subscription button.
Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate amount of licenses to cover your new staff member’s usage and click the SELECT button at the bottom of the appropriate plan for your clinic.
Jane considers full-time to be 24 treatment hours per week. If you are unsure of how many licenses you need, you can always use our pricing calculator here: Try out Jane’s Pricing Calculator.
Just enter your staff members and the approximate hours per week that they treat patients and Jane will tell you how many licenses you need.
Still unsure? A Jane Support Team member is happy to help. You can always contact us or give us a call at +1-844-310-5263 if you have further questions