At Jane we believe to build a fantastic product, we need to invest in talented and passionate designers to delve deep into understanding our customers in order to create simple and well thought-out user experiences. Today we have a brilliant diverse group of designers working across different teams from online booking to billing to charting and more.
Since our team is growing, we’re on the lookout for an experienced Design Manager to support in the growth of our design team working on Billing, Insurance and Payments. Right now in healthcare, payments and insurance is a very large point of friction for everyone involved. The mission of this group of teams is to remove that friction and have payments blend into the background, so practitioners can focus on helping their patients.
So if you are someone who is up for a challenge and who believes they can help mentor and lead the designers so that they can grow and produce top quality designs that are successfully executed in this area, then we think you need to keep reading to find out why Jane is such a great place to work.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA, so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it’s important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Of course, it’s not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
To be successful in this role…
- Lead a team of designers who are solving some of the most complex design problems in Billing, Insurance, and Payments.
- Ensuring the design of all projects executed is successfully achieved by meeting the project milestones and always putting the user first.
- Guiding the team in their work and relentlessly pushing for simplification while also supporting them in envisioning and delivering end-to-end experiences.
- Provide weekly 1:1s with your team of designers to inspire, motivate, unblock and empower them to grow in their careers.
- Manage and facilitate design feedback sessions.
- Provide design direction by giving actionable feedback, influencing, and collaborating across teams.
- Create opportunities for designers to continuously learn and grow.
- Help in the growth of the design organization by recruiting, interviewing, and hiring diverse and passionate product designers that complement the existing team.
- Work with other design leaders to evolve the design process.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to define the vision, strategy, and goals for their group.
- Encouraging and seeking out opportunities for early design involvement and partnership throughout the product lifecycle.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and ensures the Design team is active in this regard.
- Pushes relentlessly for simplification and works closely with designers to drive and create a well-defined vision.
- If needed, be able to roll up your design sleeves and jump into some work.
So what are we specifically looking for?
- 2+ years experience working as a Design Manager.
- 5+ years experience as a Product/UX Designer.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to dive into Jane and learn all there is to know about the company and its users.
- Master in managing and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Excels in motivating and inspiring people to do their best work.
- Experience in recruiting and building successful product design teams.
- Excels in both written and spoken communication.
- Positive can-do attitude.
Bonus points for
- Experience working in health insurance or in FinTech.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
If this opportunity excites you, please apply with your resume and cover letter.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.